The TD Ameritrade Brokerage Account is an investment option available to you through your Retirement Plans, in addition to the “core account” administered by Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company (“VRIAC”). This option gives you the freedom to invest a portion of your Plan assets in a brokerage account that provides access to a wide array of open-end mutual funds.
The TD Ameritrade Brokerage Account is designed for the experienced investor. Before using this option as part of your retirement portfolio, you should consider whether a TD Ameritrade Brokerage Account is appropriate for your long-term investment needs. If all of the following describes you as an investor, the brokerage account may be right for you:
- I have access to the Internet.
- I am knowledgeable about investment matters.
- I am comfortable with and understand risk, and am capable of making my own personal investment decisions.
- I have experience using the Internet to research and manage my investments.
- I have the time and investment expertise to research, evaluate, and select investments consistent with my investment strategy and personal risk profile.
- I have the time to monitor and manage my retirement-plan portfolio.
- I am willing to pay additional fees and charges to invest in investment choices not available within my core account.
For additional information on the TD Ameritrade Brokerage Account, please review the City’s TD Ameritrade Self-Directed Brokerage Account brochure and contact one of our local Voya Representatives.
If you are not comfortable actively managing your own investment portfolio, it is likely that the core investments in the Plan will help meet your needs. Additionally, Voya, its affiliated companies, and its officers, agents, or employees cannot advise concerning the suitability of a security or investment strategy, nor can they provide financial, legal, or tax advice.
Brokerage services provided by TD Ameritrade, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. TD Ameritrade is a trademark jointly owned by TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. and The Toronto Dominion Bank. © 2015 TD Ameritrade IP Company, Inc. All rights reserved. Used with permission. TD Ameritrade, Inc. and Voya Retirement, LLC are separate and unaffiliated companies, and are not responsible for each other's policies or services.
Insurance products, annuities and retirement plan funding issued by (third party administrative services may also be provided by) Voya Retirement Insurance and Annuity Company, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095-4774. Securities are distributed by Voya Financial Partners, LLC (member SIPC). All companies are members of the Voya® family of companies. Securities may also be distributed through other broker-dealers with which Voya has selling agreements. Insurance obligations are the responsibility of each individual company. Product and services may not be available in all states.